Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Double Butterscotch Cake

I've been on the mend...


It started last Thursday and it's involved a lot of kleenex, coughing, and kissless goodbyes.  Boo :(

Needless to say, I'm a wee bit tired of this constant tickle in my throat.  And my voice being zapped.  And my nose converting itself into dribbly faucet (that's an understatement but I'll spare you the details).  And this time of year...well, rest is not really in the cards.  I do work at a bakery afterall and this just so happens to be a rather busy time of year, wouldn't ya know...

But I've endured and even made a little bitty cake.  A little bitty cake with a double whammy of butterscotch.  It just sounded good.  And it was.  Super moist from the pudding and studded with butterscotch chips that caramelized into crispy on the outside, melty on the inside bits.  And yes, it involved a cake mix (again...my apologies), but I wanted something sweet that was quick to whip together.  (I'm baking 60 pumpkin pies in the morning people, sometimes a cake mix is in order).
.
Double Butterscotch Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
1 (3.4 ounce) box instant butterscotch pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 cup butterscotch chips

Empty cake mix and pudding mix into mixing bowl.  Stir until blended.  Add in sour cream, oil, and eggs, mixing until combined for about 4 minutes.  Stir in butterscotch chips.  Pour into prepared cake or cupcake pans (I did both). 

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes (6-inch cake- shown above) or 18 minutes (cupcakes) or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs. 

Adapted from Just A Pinch.



No comments:

Post a Comment