**UPDATE (June 22, 2013): This list is a contined work in progress. Hence, the name has been tweaked to 26-during-27. See this post for further information.
And so I give you, in great detail (because I just can't help it)....THE LIST :
1. Revamp blog. (I really want to change the look and do some other things I am trying to figure out as a newbie to the blogosphere.) - Done! But always a work in progress. As you can see, the site has changed and looks a bit simpler- clean lines, white with hints of color- more of the look I was going for. As I "evolve" in the blogging world, however, improvements will continue to be made.
2. Join an ongoing blog recipe challenge. (i.e. Secret Recipe Club, Tuesdays with Dorie, etc.)
3. Enter some sort of local food contest.
4. Overcome my fear of the grill. (We now have a grill, however I am a little afraid to attempt making something on it. It's a bit out of my comfort zone.)
5. Take a cake decorating class.
6. Finally try quinoa. (I gotta find out what this latest craze is all about.) - Done! Made Corn and Cheddar Quinoa and it knocked my socks off.
7. Make something with a fresh coconut.
8. Recreate the Perfect Margarita. (The restaurant chain Red Rock Canyon Grill makes the best margarita EVER, fittingly titled The Perfect Margarita, and I need to know how to replicate one at home.)
9. Make a bundt cake. (The bundt pan was not my friend on Easter, destroying the look- but luckily not the taste!- of my strawberry orange cake. I swore that day I would never make a bundt cake again but I can't let the pan win.) - Done! Baked up a Red Velvet Marble Cream Cheese Pound Cake and it came out beautifully. Also, attemped the Easter Day bundt again!
10. Make my Grandma Min's apple pie. (As a little girl, I remember loving my grandma's apple pie and I need to recreate this fabulous dessert of hers.) - Done! Created a Salted Caramel Apple Pie for Thanksgiving that was reminiscent of the juicy fruit pie I remember.
11. Make my Grandma Audrey's spaghetti sauce. (This was another favorite of mine growing up. I already have the recipe, now it's just a matter of making it.) - Done! Made is for a romantic Valentine's Day 2013 dinner.
12. Find an awesome scone recipe. (I actually made some scones a couple of days ago but Epic Fail they were. I literally threw them in the trash- something unheard of in our house. I have been searching high and low for a recipe that will not let my taste buds down.)
13. Can something. (I'm thinking jam but am open to suggestions.)
14. Try a Corona-Rita. (How did I never hear about this in college??)
15. Make a special day trip to Dallas or Plano for Trader Joe's, Central Market, and Sur La Table. (Dream Day!)...and maybe stop in Ikea while I'm in the area :) - partly done, a trip to Ikea was made and I intend to go again soon. One word: Paradise.
16. Attend a food festival.
17. Take a trip. - Done! Went to Minnesota for a family vacation at the end of July!
18. Go to Six Flags. (It's been years since I've gone and now that we live so close I've gotta take advantage!) - Done! Went for my 26th birthday!
19. Reread The Happiness Project. (Such an interesting and thought-provoking book. A great reference for bettering yourself and loving life. Highly recommended.)
20. Read at least one book per month. (I wish I could do more than this but there's just not enough time in the day.) - July: Catching Fire, August: Secrets to Happiness, September: Mockingjay, October: Where We Belong, November: The Next Best Thing, December: 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess, January: (see December), February: The Year of Living Famously, March: Gone Girl, April: Last Night At Chateau Marmont, May: The Husband, June: The Night I Got Lucky,...that was the year but other books I've read since and love include: Happier at Home - Gretchin Rubin, All The Money in the World - Laura Vanderkam, Dark Places - Gillian Flynn, Sharp Objects - Gillian Flynn, Her - Laura Zigman
21. Paint two rooms in the house. (The office and master bath to be exact. Painting does wonders to a room.)
22. Clean up flower beds in the backyard. (I've done some planting in the front this summer, but I want to take advantage of the raised beds we have out back.)
23. Buy an old piece of furniture and refinish it. (Sounds like a fun and rewarding project! Got the desk and the paint. I'm ready.)
24. Eat at one new restaurant each month. (We like to eat at home after a long day and tend to have our favorite lunch spots but it's always fun to try something new- especially when we have an overwhelming amount of options.) - July: Fuzzy's, August: Palio's, September: Zoe's Kitchen, October: Big Fish, November: Freebirds, December: Ti Amo, February (two-fer): Chuy's, California Pizza Kitchen, March: Pei Wei, April: The Tavern, Joe T. Garcia's, May: Which Wich, June: Brunos,...that was the year but I'll continue to give recs if you're ever in the dfw area: Jakes Hamburgers - Grapevine, Anamia's - Flower Mound, Campania Pizza - Southlake, Rockfish - Highland Village, Blue Goose Cantina - Highland Village,
Salerno's - Flower Mound,
25. Marry Nathan. It's time.
26. Practice Practice Practice layer cakes!