While I do have some fun stuff to share with you on today's Bits and Bites, I'm going to ramble first...
Ok, so the holiday's are apparently wearing me thin. There is so much to do and so little time and I have suddenly started to feel and hear the agitation exuding from people whom I encounter out and about. My To-Do List keeps growing and (this is my blog and I'm just going to be honest with you) it's making me...grumpy. There, I said it. I'm becoming one of the angry, impatient strangers I have been meeting daily. I will admit though, I was happy to hear a co-worker tell me this morning that she felt the exact same way: everyone was annoying, every question was stupid, every thing was a hassle. I think we both felt better knowing we were bah-hum-bug together
But at the same time, I feel guilty. No, not guilty from some Christmas-cookie-binge-induced-coma. Guilty for being a Scrooge. It's time to fix this. And what a better time than now as we reach the end of 2012 and delve into the New Year. A fitting point in the calendar year to make changes and better ourselves- whether it's physically, mentally, or spiritually.
My first thought was to reread The Happiness Project (a HIGHLY recommended read), but then I remembered another book that I had heard of several months ago: 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess. It focuses on one basic premise: live simply. Or, in other words: we don't need as much crap as we think we do. So how is reading this going to stop me from becoming the Grinch? Well, it ultimately makes you step back and realize that wow! I really am lucky to live the way I do! I have all the things I need: people who love me, food on my table, clothes on my back, heat in my home, a reliable income...things are not too shabby. Life is pretty darn good.
So let us all remember this holiday: 'tis the season to be merry!
You ready for the yummy stuff now?
1. Cranberry and Cheese Danish Cupcakes. Holy Moses.
2. Pumpkin, Cranberry, and Pecan Pie. Now this is a pumpkin pie I would eat!
3. How To Make Sugared Cranberries. So pretty and easy! (Can you tell I'm on a cran kick?)
4. Homemade Sugar Plums. Ever wondered what exactly those visions were that danced in their heads?
5. Triple Layer Chocolate Chip-Fudge Brownie-Peanut Butter Blondie Bars. Make these now before those January resolutions hit!
6. Skinnytaste. A recent blog rec from a friend after telling her about my fiance's on-going health kick. And speaking of resolutions, this site may be everyones bff come 2013. At least for the first four weeks...
7. Hungry Girl Por Vida. Another new favorite blog find of mine!
8. Super cute kitchen printables! The "Be Grateful" one is fitting for the context of my rambling above.
9. South Carolina Yellow Barbecue Sauce. I'm intrigued.
10. And finally, to end things with a laugh...check this video out :)
Happy Weekend to All! May all your shopping, wrapping, and baking be merry and bright! ;)