Thursday, August 1, 2013

bits and bites


It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these posts.  Figured it was time to be random.

1.  I mentioned this in the last post, but I’m currently reading (almost finished!) Dark Places by Gillian Flynn.  Loving it.  This is not a happy-go-lucky book.  You’ve been warned.  Also, recently read Her (Laura Zigman) and love love loved that as well.  Witty, well-written, chicklit at its finest.  Couldn’t put it down. 

2. A week or so ago, Nathan and I were out and about and the Google Maps Car passed us!  We waved from our vehicle.  Then, the other night, Nathan was in our front yard and it drove down our street!  He waved (let’s hope that's all he did).  How cool is that?!  It’s the little things :)

3. So I am officially obsessed with four new blogs:  Sally’s Baking Addiction (great indulgences, great detail as to how each ingredient is imperative to making every treat delicious), Averie Cooks (more indulgences and more detail- which has aided me in tweaking some of my recipes at the bakery to make my goodies even better!), Joy the Baker (awesome recipes, awesome writing.  Something about her wit just sucks me in), and The Small Things Blog (hair and makeup help, anyone?  This girls got you covered.  So many cute hair ideas.  (I’m hooked on the alternative bun.)

4. Speaking of following blogs…I added a Bloglovin’ gadget.  Feel free to follow me!

5.  And last but not least, a girl I work with at the bakery recently asked me if I cook at home after baking all morning.  My response:  "not at much as I would like". 

Here is a (large) handful of recipes I came across during July that I hope(!) to make :) I dream big.  Enjoy browsing for yourself, my friends.

whole wheat no-knead dinner rolls with honey butter.  who doesn’t love warm, soft, homemade rolls?
blt pizza.  with roasted corn and crumbled feta.  wow.
cherry vanilla layer cake.  beautiful.
chipotle chicken salad.  let the chicken salad obsession continue.
easy oreo ice cream sandwiches.  simple and genius.
frozen coconut mango pops.  they’re healthy too!
banana zucchini pudding cake.  moist moist and more moist.
maple dijon salmon with bacon.  made this.  loved this.
peanut butter cheesecake with chocolate chip cookie crust.  this might convert me to love cheesecake.
smores cookie sandwiches.  graham cookies + marshmallow filling, dipped in chocolate.
strawberry tuxedo cake.  gorgeous.
salted dark chocolate truffle cookies.  so making these for Christmas.
united states of burgers.  there’s a burger for every state!

oh, and what's that picture at the top of the post, you ask?  just you wait. 

just you wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment