Friday, August 24, 2012

Strawberry Cookies and Cream Frozen Yogurt

I have ice cream every night.



Every. Single. Night.

But this isn't news to you.  I mentioned before how I like to have a little stash of frozen treats on hand at all times.  A coconut popsicle one night, a strawberry vanilla ice cream sandwich the next, a bowl of red velvet blue bell after that.  You get the picture.  (Yes, these are the current goodies that reside in my freezer).

This little fetish is nothing new, however.  Ever since I was a little girl I would cherish my nightly bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream after dinner.  That was the stuff.  (And it still is pretty awesome- Nathan will occasionally surprise me with a cone when I get home from work).  I would meticulously pick out all of the cookie dough chunks and eat the ice cream first, saving a milky pile of little chocolate chip balls until the very end- kinda like I find myself doing with this fro yo: picking out the chunks and eating them piece by piece.  Maybe it's a subconscious desire to be nine years old again, wearing my silky purple pajamas from Limited Too while sitting on the floor of my parents bedroom watching Nick At Nite.  Or maybe it's just an excuse to play with my food...

Either way, it's refreshing and wonderful and would be equally delicious using chopped golden oreos or graham cracker chunks.  Get on it.

Strawberry Cookies and Cream Frozen Yogurt

1 cup chopped strawberries
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups plain yogurt
1 kingsize Cookies and Cream Hershey's bar, chopped

Place the strawberries and sugar in a blender or food processor.  Pulse until smooth.

Combine yogurt and strawberry mixture in canister of ice cream maker.  Freeze according to manufacturers' directions.  (The chopped candy will go in near the end of the mixing process!)

Chelsea Original :)




  


No comments:

Post a Comment