Sunday, July 22, 2012

Peach Cinnamon Frozen Yogurt


It's official.  I'm obsessed with ice cream this summer.  I have seen and bought so many delicious frozen treats at the grocery store, I have actually considered putting a second freezer in the garage.  Four kinds of popsicles, two containers of blue bell, ice cream sandwiches, and now this homemade frozen yogurt are the current inhabitants competing for space in our shrinking freezer.  And, on top of that, I have a growing list of treats I intend to make (and others to buy) while the weather is still warm. 

But let me tell you about this most recent cold treat I created the other day.  Some fruity fro yo that is quick, easy, and only requires four ingredients.  Just toss them in your ice cream maker and let the machine do all the work.  It's the perfect summertime flavor combination of peaches and cinnamon and wonderfully light and refreshing on a hot afternoon. 

Peach Cinnamon Frozen Yogurt

Makes 1 quart

1 (15 ounce) can peach slices in juice
2 cups vanilla yogurt
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup of juice. Puree peaches in food processor or blender.

Combine peaches, reserved juice, yogurt, sugar, and cinnamon in canister of ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturers' directions.

Adapted from AllRecipes.


No comments:

Post a Comment