Thursday, February 28, 2013

Toasted Coconut M&M Skillet Cookie

I know what you're thinking.


You're thinking you're going to just tra-la-la over my little commentary and jump straight to the recipe.  I've got you alllll figured out.  Oh, but I do it too.  Because let's face it...you follow a food blog for, well...the food.   You could care less about what happens inbetween the picture and the ingredients.  Ditto.  In fact, I very very rarely read a full blog post on any blog I follow (yes, guilty as charged).   So today I'm letting you off the hook.  All you're getting is a recipe.  No blahblahblah on my end.  Enjoy!

Toasted Coconut M&M Skillet Cookie

Makes 1 (8-inch) skillet (I purchased a small skillet too now!  Double the recipe for 10-12 inch skillet!)

3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg yolk (or white!  Just use half an egg)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup mini m&m's

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Lay coconut on a baking sheet, making sure they are in a single layer.  Bake for approximately 10 minutes, checking periodically, until lightly browned.  Be very careful not to burn!  Remove from oven and let cool.

Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees.  Cream together the butter and sugars.  Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla.  Combine the flours, soda, and salt and stir into creamed mixture.  Fold in toasted coconut.

Pour batter into greased 8-inch cast iron skillet and sprinkle with mini m&m's.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until center is slightly set. 

Chelsea Original :)


No comments:

Post a Comment