Sunday, June 24, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

I'm 26 today!  Yay!


Over lunch Saturday, Nathan and I decided we should celebrate at Six Flags so that is where we are headed today (this means I can already cross one thing off my 26-by-27 list!)

But I'm here to talk cake.  When I was young, I loooooooved cookie cake.  For several years I would request one for my birthday party.  A big slice of a giant, soft chocolate chip cookie topped with frosting from the local supermarket.  Oh how I loved them.  This year I decided it would be nice to revisit my childhood except with a homemade version and it did not let me down.  Soft and chewy and chocolate-chippy (I am allowed to make up words today), just like I remembered. 

So after a day a rollercoasters and rides, I plan on coming home and relaxing with a slice of this cake. 

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

This made one 6-inch cake plus a handful of cookies- I used half of the dough for the cake, half for the cookies

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Cream the butter and sugars until fluffy.  Add in the vanilla and eggs and mix.  Add in flour, soda and salt and mix until combined.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Divide dough in half, press half into a greased 6-inch round cake pan using a wet spatula.  Make cookies with remaining dough.

Bake cake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until edges are slightly browned and center is slightly set.  Once cool, top with frosting and sprinkles, if desired.

Bake cookies at 350 for 10 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment