Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies


I think it's time I shared something chocolate.  And I believe this will do.  A soft, chewy chocolate cookie studded with oreo pieces and chocolate chips.  Chocolate and chocolate in chocolate.

As I was making these late one afternoon, Nathan came home from work and spotted my package of oreos lying on the counter (sometimes I need to hide food things from him).  His eyes immediately lit up and he said "Ooooh!  Oreos!" but I smacked his hand and told him "No!  Those are cookies for a cookie!".  It must be torture to live with me. 

The wait was well worth it though because we gobbled right through these.  Oh, and they would be even more fabulous with a nice, big scoop of blue bell slathered in between, just sayin :)

Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies

Makes about 30 cookies

1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup crushed Oreo cookies

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.

Fold in chocolate chips and crushed oreos. Refrigerate dough for 2-4 hours (or more). When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350, roll into balls or scoop with an ice cream scooper and set on baking sheet.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely.

Adapted from How Sweet It Is.





1 comment: