Friday, July 27, 2012

Bits and Bites

I figured it was time for a little update on things in my life/on my mind/ in my mouth as of late:

1.  So first off, let's discuss my 26-by-27 list.  I've knocked off #18 (go to Six Flags) and I am putting a check mark next to #17 (take a trip) this weekend!  I leave for Minnesota in the morning for a fun, relaxing vacation with the fam.  Can't wait! 

2.  In addition, after much thought, I would like to announce the goal I have chosen as #26: practice frosting layer cakes.  This first presented itself as a challenge shortly before the Fourth of July when I intended to post this awesome flag cake that I had planned on making for over a year.  Literally.  Over a year people.  Well it didn't exactly frost up as I had hoped so...yeah...post didn't happen.  Here's a pic of my attempt/mess/impatience.  Don't laugh.



So ladies and gentlemen, I give you #26:  Practice Practice Practice layer cakes and recreate the Flag Cake for July 4th, 2013.

3.  On to other news!  Found this at Target recently.  omgwant


yes, that says waffle STICK maker.  And they have mini pie makers and fortune cookie makers!

4.  This is my kind of ice cream sandwich.

5.  Whipped cream in a jar anyone?  Genius!

6.  I think these rice krispie treats may be next on my krispie list.

7.  Got the lastest Food Network Magazine issue and there's a recipe for an Olive Oil Milkshake.  Weird.  If you're gutsy enough to give it a try here's the recipe:  Blend one pint vanilla ice cream, 1/4 cup milk and 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.  Top with flaky sea salt.  Makes 2.

8.  I'm more intrigued by the Toasted Marshmallow Shake:  Broil 8 marshmallows on foil, turning, until browned.  Blend one pint vanilla ice cream, 1/4 cup milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, a pinch of salt, and 6 of the marshmallows.  Top with remaining marshmallows.  Makes 2.

9.  Ok, one more and then I'm going to go pack.  Cap'n Crunch Milkshake.  (i LOVE cap'n crunch!  p.s. did you see they have a new cinnamon roll one!).  Ok, but Cap'n Crunch Milkshake:  Steep 1 1/2 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal in 1 1/2 cups hot milk, 30 minutes.  Strain and freeze in an ice cube tray.  Blend the frozen milk cubes with 1 pint vanilla ice cream and 1 cup cereal.  Top with more cereal.  Makes 2.

Have a good weekend, and check back tomorrow.  I've got something yummy lined up!




1 comment: