Monday, July 16, 2012

Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Rice Krispie Treats


See those guys up there?  They've got something special tucked inside them.  These guys down here:


Something recently occurred to me.  I have failed to inform you of my love for all things cinnamon:  snickerdoodle cookies, cinnamon spice oatmeal, cinnamon ice cream, cinnamon rolls, cinnamon gum, cinnamon mints, I love it all! 

Last week, Nathan surprised me with a Sock It To Me cake from the grocery store and I proceeded to eat the entire thing.  Myself.  I didn't complain.  I literally sat there and thanked him for not eating any as I was forking down the last slice.

But it had me thinking that I haven't made anything that called for even a pinch of cinnamon in far too long!  It is a trajedy, I know.  So I am going to amp up the cinnamon today with some krispie treats wrapped in cinnamon bun marshmallows (yes, these actually exsist) and studded with snickerdoodle cookie dough truffles.  That sound good?  That taste realllllll good.  

Hello Mr. Krispie.


Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Rice Krispie Treats

For the Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Truffles:

1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup sugar + 2 teaspoons cinnamon for rolling truffles in

In a medium size bowl add the flour, spices, salt, and cream of tartar. Set aside.  Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.  Beat in vanilla.  Slowly add flour mixture, alternating with condensed milk, beat well after each addition.

Shape balls into 1-inch balls and place into an air tight container. Roll them into the cinnamon sugar just like you would a snickerdoodle cookie. Store in freezer for at least 3 hours.  Makes 48 truffles. (Keep the extras in the freezer for a periodic afternoon indulgence).

For the Rice Krispie Treats:

3 tablespoons butter
1 (8-ounce) bag cinnamon bun marshmallows (I found these at Target)
10 snickerdoodle cookie dough truffles, chopped up
6 cups rice krispies cereal

Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.  Add in marshmallows and stir until melted and well-blended.  Remove from heat and add cereal and truffles.  Stir until well-coated.  Press into 7x11-inch baking dish.  Let cool completely before cutting into bars.

Truffles adapted from Culinary Concoctions by Peabody.










  

No comments:

Post a Comment