Thursday, January 24, 2013

Football Dip

Are you ready for some football...dip?!


Say hello to the Sunday staple in my parents house, and the easiest recipe you'll ever see featured on this blog- hello, football dip!- created by none other than a man, my dad.

Now yes, this came from a man who has confessed to actually eating wiener water soup in his college days (I shutter at the thought) and felt it appropriate to actually butter his toast before applying the peanut butter (this is why men need women in their lives), but he finally knew what he was doing when he created his famous football dip.

It's a simple mixture involving two key ingredients: a single can of chili, no beans, and a jar of creamy cheddar cheese dip.  No frills here.  Plain and simple.  Remember, this came from a man.  Now I could call this chili cheese dip to satisfy everyone out there screaming "that's the freakin' Skillet Queso I ate at Chili's last Friday night!" at their computer, but no, that would take away from the origins as I know it and this is no Chili's Skillet Queso.  This is my dad's football dip thankyouverymuch.

Football Dip

1 (15-ounce) can chili, no beans (we always use Hormel, the fancy people we are)
1/2 (15.5-ounce) jar (roughly 3/4 cup) cheddar cheese flavored dip (we stick to Tostitos brand)

Pour chili and cheese into small pot and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally.  Once heated through, serve warm with tortilla chips.

Recipe adapted from my dad.



1 comment: