Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pecan Pie Brownies

Got leftovers?


Ok now I'll admit we actually did not have a pecan pie this thanksgiving (we opted for pumpkin and apple this year), but that didn't stop me from purchasing one on discount at the grocery store a few days later.  I dug in and had a slice that evening, but the next morning I chopped up half and tossed it in some brownie batter.  I use the term "chopped" loosely here.  Have you ever tried to chop up a nutty, crusty, gooey pecan pie?  Mutilate may be a better word.  It's gonna get messy people. 

Just rip that pie apart- cut with a knife, tear with your hands, throw it in the batter and let the mixer mash it up.  I even used a gasp! boxed brownie mix.  Cheater cheater pumpkin eater. 

It should be noted that the combo of chocolatey boxed mix plus sugary chunks of pecan pie results in one super sweet, uber gooey brownie.  (Nathan describes them as "too gooey".  I don't know even him anymore.  Ha!  More for me.)

Got milk?

Pecan Pie Brownies

Makes one 9x13-inch pan

1 18.2-ounce boxed brownie mix (or you can always do homemade!)
1 (8 or 9-inch) pecan pie, chopped

Prepare brownie batter according to package (or recipe!) instructions.  Fold in pecan pie pieces.  Spread mixture into lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish.  Bake according to package directions or until center is just set.  Let cool before slicing. 

Adapted from Cookies and Cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment