Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Best of 2012 (My Picks)

Well...it's a new year...any resolutions??

I've sorta got an ongoing list of resolutions with my 26-by-27 list, as well as my kitchen bucket list, but a text from my sister the other day inquiring about 2013 prompted two extra special goals for myself this year: 

(1) Take a tropical trip with Nathan.  He has been discussing how he oh so bad wants to take a cruise for the last four and a half years of our relationship.  Gotta shut that boy up already!  And it would be kind of nice, not gonna lie.

(2) Move back to Oklahoma.  Yup, you heard me.  We've enjoyed the last year and a half in Texas but our hearts are in OK with the fam.  And I just can't spoil my adorable nephew as much as I would like living this far away. 

So yea...I've got some pretty major resolutions this year but I've got, what?  362 days left?  No prob.  But enough about me, let's talk about food now.  Let's talk about my favorite recipes from the blog 2012.  Ok, well this still might constitute talking about me since they're my picks, but that's neither here nor there.  Here we go:

1.  Restaurant Style Salsa.  I've made this more times than I care to admit.


2.  Homemade Flour Tortillas.  The packaged stuff never tasted so...packaged. 


3.  White Chocolate Coconut Brownies.  Flavor match made in heaven.


4.  Cookies and Cream Cake.  Tall, dark, and delicious.


5.  Triple Chocolate Cupcakes with Pumpkin Pie Frosting.  I think every time I took a bite of these I said "omgthesearesogood".  Dead serious.


6.  Sweet Corn, Peach, and Honey Mustard Chicken Salad.  Finally, something healthy for the New Year!  And pretty to look at.


7.  Buffalo Turkey Chili.  Perfect for the cold months: warm, filling and spicy!


8.  Corn and Cheddar Quinoa.  Consider me officially Quinoa-Converted!


9.  Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies.  Oh, it's been too long since I sunk my teeth into these.  Must.  Make.  Soon.


10.  Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup.  Best version I've tasted to date.


There are so many more I'd like to list but I will hold my tongue and stop at ten.  Go check out the archives for more deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment