Friday, September 14, 2012

Chunky Peanut Butter White Chocolate Snickerdoodles

TGIF.



It has been one H-E-double-hockey-stick-acious week for me.  

Extra early mornings and extra late nights so the weekend is verrrrry welcome.  (But it also makes me appreciate my usual schedule!)  I was wise and prepared in advance though: I made a batch of these cookies last weekend and they have been my late night indulgence all week long.

This cookie is my own creation- from the dough (I make a couple thousand cookies every week so I'm beginning to figure out what makes an awesome cookie) to the choice of chip (white chocolate chips this time, no crazy salt and vinegar), to the cinnamon sugar coating.  Just a little something I dreamed up and it turned out fabulous; soft and chewy with the perfect ratio of pb to white chocolate to cinnamon.   Yay me!  And yay weekend!


Chunky Peanut Butter White Chocolate Snickerdoodles

Makes 28 cookies

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup extra chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.  Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until fluffy.  Beat in the egg and mix until smooth.  Add the flour mixture and mix until combined.  Fold in white chocolate chips.

In a small bowl, combine the 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.

Scoop dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and coat with cinnamon-sugar mixture.  Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.  Bake at 350 for 9-12 minutes. 

Chelsea Original!







2 comments:

  1. When you say extra chunky are you talking about the pb with peanuts in it? I want to make these tomorrow! :) if not, can I use the extra crunchy pb? :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, some brands make extra cruchy peanut butter and I used that. creamy would be just fine too though. just whatever you have on hand and are in the mood for :)

      Delete