Saturday, September 1, 2012

Junk Food Cookies

There's cookie batter underneath all that goodness.


And yes those are chips in there.  Salt and vinegar chips.  No lie.

I'm sure potato chips would work just fine, but you know you secretly want to invest in a bag of the S&V goodness.  If not just for these cookies, to casually eat the entire bag in one sitting. 

What is it with salt and vinegar chips?  I remember when I was younger my mom would occasionally purchase a bag and I swear, they were the most addicting chip on the planet.  I could not stop eating those things.  COULD NOT STOP.  Open the bag and -poof!- all gone. 

But then I grew up, I moved on, and I matured into a Doritos fan.  During college I couldn't live without them.  A new flavor would come out and I'd buy it and text everyone I knew that "holy crap there's a new doritos flavor!!"  So after eating these insanely incredible soft and chewy chock-full-of-goodness cookies, I'm envisioning a version involving doritos.  The nacho cheese ones of course. 

And while you're reading all of this crazy talk and thinking I'm out of my mind I will have you know that someone else is on the cheese and cookies bandwagon as well, so ha!



Junk Food Cookies

Makes 16 cookies

6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup loosely packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup crushed salt and vinegar potato chips
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup crushed salted pretzels
2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons flaked coconut
3 tablespoons butterscotch chips
2 tablespoons assorted sprinkles

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt, then set aside.

In another bowl, whisk the cooled butter and sugars until they are combined. Add the egg and vanilla and stir until mixed and smooth. Gradually add in dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until mixed.  Fold in all of your add-in’s.

Scoop into 1 1/2-inch balls and place on a nonstick baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until the middles are just set. Don’t over bake! Let cool almost completely.

Adapted from How Sweet It Is.

No comments:

Post a Comment